Saturday, December 8, 2012

@21 months...

-I say, "up" instead of "bup." Ok, not always, but most of the time
-Mommy is very excited that I said my first plural (nerd alert!). She is not so excited that it was when I pulled a beer bottle out of the recycling and announced, "Daddy's!!"
-I've also said, "Rih Rih's" bowl and "Daddy's" shoes
-Sometimes Mommy spies on me at school and watches me finish my snack through the glass door, or watches me play outside with my friends behind the corner of the wall. I'm getting really good at sensing when she is there though
-New words: "cheese," "turtle," "socks," "grass," "leaf," "choo choo," "beep beep," "number," "splash," "vroom," "buzz" (for a bee, but it comes out, "sssss"), "Emma" (Grandmommy and Grandaddy's doggie), "Keith" ("teet"), "Chad" ("tah"), "monkey," "star" ("daw"), "fish" ("shish"), "hippo," "stuck" ("uk!"), "snack," "yogurt" ("oh-gerk"), "Avery" ("ay-bee"), "yes," "eat," "ih-bee ih-bee" ("ribbit ribbit"), "blanket," "pants," "shirt," "jacket," "applesauce," ("apple-ass," "apple-boss," apple-dauce," or correctly!), "clock," "outside," "push," and "pull" (and using them correctly!), "pig," "er-uh-er-uh-ooo!" (that's what a rooster says), "gorilla" ("ih-la" with my tongue flapping out of my mouth for the L sound)
-I've also learned the word "Elmo" at school. We don't have any Elmo toys at home, but I found him on the box of crackers! "Elmo box!" Uncle Keith found me an Elmo video on YouTube that I ask for now. I will also tolerate Big Bird singing, but say, "No, no, no!" when Snuffy starts singing!
-I'm still a fan of naming animals and thier sounds!
-I know that the stove is "hot" and that my eggs are "hot" too
-In the morning, I ask, "Play Ay-bee." That's what I call my buddy, Avery
-My teachers taught me to sign, "more," and even though I can say it, I'm trying to sign it too. Right now, I put my pointer finger tips together with the rest of my fingers spread out and pointing down. I'm not sure Mommy would have known what I was doing unless I said, "more" at the same time!
-When I get out of the car in the morning, I wiggle out of Mommy's arms and ask to "walk"
-I've been sick a few more times and had to sleep on Mommy's chest at night a few times to help with the congestion. My cough was back too and it took awhile to go away. It was never in my lungs though. When I coughed, I gagged, and I threw up a lot at school and at home. I went through lots of extra clothes this month!
-I threw up at school on the day that Mommy forgot to bring an extra outfit (of course!), so my teachers put me in an outfit from the donation closet: a tan and white striped shirt with "Baby Animals" written on it over and over in the stripes and small yellow animals, black sweat pants, bright red socks, and my navy blue sandals! Mommy cancelled our errands for that day
-I have an appointment with a GI doctor. When I was at the doctor for my most recent round of cough and cold, she said it sounded like I was throwing up more often than I should be, even when I'm not sick. The appointment isn't until mid-December
-I've been a very picker eater this month and Mommy is hoping it's just because I've been sick a lot
-Mommy thinks she figured out why kids always seem to have dried boogies on their noses- it keeps the wet boogies in your nose!

-One night, I didn't want anymore banana so I signed "All done," said, "No nani!" and shook my head, "No"
-Mommy had her first night away from me (not counting the hospital stay). Daddy and I had quite the adventure too, since I woke up with a fever and had to go to the urgent care clinic. Daddy did a great job!
-I'm trying to learn how to say "please," but still have to repeat it after someone ("peas")
-I can also repeat, "happy"
-My teachers at school taught me all of the hand motions to "The Wheels on the Bus" and when Mommy started singing it, she was surprised when I did then all!
-I got to pick a pumpkin from the "pumpkin patch" at school. It was really just a bunch of pumpkins that they had bought at a local farm and put in their field! (It's the same pumpkin that I painted). My pumpkin was short and squat, with no blemishes, and a really long stem!
-Sometimes I will ask to watch videos by 'name.' I like to watch "Elmo," "Ol-mee" (Old MacDonald), "Bus" (The Wheels on the Bus), and "A B" (ABC Song). If Mommy puts on the wrong video, I will let her know by furiously shaking my head "No" and saying, "Neck! Neck! Neck!") ("next"). I will clap my hands and smile when she finds the right video. And my preferences change often! One time, I had to point to the ABC video at the bottom of the screen because Mommy didn't put the right one on!
-Uncle Keith took me to the petting zoo in Delaware and I got to feed goats! I had a bit of trouble walking through the pumpkin patch there because there were a lot of old vines. I loved walking through the open air market though and saw pumpkins that were bigger than me! I picked out the tiniest pumpkin ("puh-key") that they had with a long stem. The long stem's make it easier to carry!
-I put a puzzle together and then clapped for myself and said, "Good boy!"
-My favorite books these days are the ones that have a lot of realistic pictures on each page and aren't really stories. I love saying the words for the pictures I know and pointing to the pictures that Mommy asks. My favorite shape is a star and I have to smell all of the flowers in my books, and sometimes smell the stars because they kinda look like flowers!
-I'm still a little upset most days when Mommy drops me off at school, but my teachers have learned to distract me with books. One days, through my tears, I blew kisses at Mommy and said, "Bye bye, Mommy!" I think she cried too that day
-I really enjoy pumpkin pancakes and veggie muffins these days, or as I say, "hah-pate" and "more-nee." But yogurt is probably still my favorite ("oh-gurk!"), with cheese ("tee!" being a close second. I pick out the cheese from my cut up turkey and cheese sandwiches! I love anything cookie-like. I get Cheez-its and graham crackers and goldfish and cheerios and animal crackers for snacks at school! Mommy was holding out on me!
-When I bring a book over to someone to read to me, I can pivot and turn around to sit in their lap now
-I got another haircut and I still don't like when they snip around my ears
-My dinosaur shoes came in the mail and I was very excited to open the box and try them on. "Shoes! Shoes! Shoes!"
-When someone pulls out a camera, I look at them and say, "Cheese!"
-I can repeat, "Love you!" (finally!)
-I \point to a circle, square, triangle, star, oval, and rectangle!
-My teachers told Mommy that I like to go into the infant room and look at the babies
-I'm still into dancing, well stomping, and rock back and forth if I'm sitting and music comes on
-I started eating from a divided plate instead of just straight off of my tray. I feel so grown up! I also use a fork, sorta. I hold the fork while I use the other hand to feed myself!
-Mommy and I play a blinking game while I'm eating sometimes. I will look at her and blink my eyes really hard and then she does it back and then I do it again. Then I smile and keep eating. Every once in a while, I will remember that we do that and blink really hard at her again
-I'm drinking from a sippy cup with a spout and a cup with a straw. I still get confused about which one is which and will often tilt the straw cup back or try to drink from the spout cup without tilting. Sheesh!
-I can walk backwards...very slowly, to back up to sit in someone's lap or on the edge of the fireplace. And I say, "beep, beep, beep!" like a truck backing up!
-I liked watching the rain during Hurricane Sandy
-Elmo is a new interest. Not quite obsession level, but definitely an interest. Like when the toy catalog came and he was in it - "Elmo!!"
-Daddy let me taste a tiny bit of his beer on his fingertip. I made a silly face, but then asked for "more!" I cried when he wouldn't give it to me. So the next day, I found his bottle in the recycling and stuck my finger in the bottle and then licked it! I cried again when Mommy took it away!
-When something I'm eating is really good, I'll say, "nom nom nom" or "nom-mee!" (for "yummy")
-I run to my highchair when Mommy asks me if I'm hungry, "Eat, eat, eat!"
-I finally figured out how to open the green snack cabinet and retrieve the cookies myself!
-Shaking my head "yes" is more difficult than it should be and I end up either rocking my entire body or letting my head fall back and then picking it back up (instead of nodding it forward first)
-Wrigley is now "rih-ree"
-Mommy and I had the following conversation while I was laying on the changing table (or rather these are the words I strung together while Mommy listened): "diaper...pee pee...wet...pee pee...Shay...trash...poopie....trash....UP!"
-When Mommy wipes my nose, I say, "Boogies, Boogies!"
-I know the letter A!
-I'm still working on running. I get going pretty fast and I'm sorta bouncy, but I'm not quite running. And my arms tend to go back up in fists for balance like they did when I first started walking
-One morning when I woke up, I started calling for Mommy. When she didn't come after a few tries, I started calling for Daddy. After calling for a while, I finally asked, "Elmo?"
-I got a new winter coat!
-I can hum the entire alphabet, but only sing a few of the letters
-I had my first ear infection (and fever over 102). My tonsils were swollen and the doctor made me throw up when she tested for strep. It was not a fun couple of days
-When someone sneezes, I repeat "ah-too!"
-There's a little potty in my house now. I'm deathly afraid of sitting on it, but I'll play with it for a long time, putting my toys in the bowl, and then taking them back out again. "No potty!" I say when Mommy tries to sit me on it (fully dressed!)

My pieced together outfit from school

"all done"


I picked a pumpkin with a long stem!

Refining my fork skills

Emptying the snack cabinet...again


Where I spent most of my time - at Mommy's feet

Love pancakes!



Daddy ran me out into the hurricane!!!


Bundled up for the cooler weather



Snuggles with Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment