Monday, August 8, 2011

Six month checkup

It's hard to believe a little peanut like me is actually six months old! Where did the time go?? Oh right, I was in that box for most of it. Mommy and I have ventured out of the house a few more times. I've noticed that I have a lot of different ages when people ask how old I am. At first, Mommy explained the whole situation, but people didn't really want to hear all of that. Then she started saying, "6 months." After a few strange looks, she would just say, "11 weeks." Sometimes she even makes up an age!

Today at the doctor, I weighed 10 pounds, 1.5 ounces and was 22 1/4 inches long. On the preemie charts, that's the 14th percentile for both, so I still have some growing to do. My head, however, is approaching the 60th percentile! It's a wonder I can even hold that thing up for a few moments before it starts wobbling. I also had 2 shots, but I don't want to talk about it.

On June 27th, I had my Early Intervention assessment, and I'm proud to share that I am "developmentally appropriate" for my adjusted age. They keep me in the program just in case I ever need direct services, but for now I just keep working on milestones with Mommy and Daddy.

I'm finally able to focus on objects, like my hands, mobiles, and fans, so Mommy is getting short breaks during the day when she can do silly things like shower or eat or go to the bathroom. I take a few unpredictable naps during the day too.

My favorite thing to do is sit and "chat." I've learned to smile and I love to sit on someone's lap facing them and talk back and forth. Mommy tries to get me to do this thing called "Tummy Time," but all I can see is the floor, so I've managed to roll over a few times. She seemed very excited, but then she just rolled me back over! I don't get it!

All of my hair has fallen out except for a strip of really dark, long hair running across the back of my neck, from ear to ear. It's an interesting look, but I'm hoping my new hair grows in quickly!

I have a love-hate relationship with my car seat. Do I like being in it? No. Does the motion of the car put me to sleep? Yes. So I'm happy in the car seat...until the car stops at a light. Good thing there are only about 100 of those on the way to Grandmommy and Grandaddy's house. The last time we went, I slept pretty much the whole time, so I'm learning how to take long car trips.

Since I'm so active (and awake!) during the day, I've decided that I don't need to get up to eat all night, just once or twice. Sometimes, I'll even sleep 6 hours in a row! Mommy seems happier lately too. I wonder if that's a coincidence?


Don't I look mischievious?

Not a big fan of the Bumbo seat



Putting my feet in the water at Grandmommy and Grandaddy's pond








1 comment:

  1. hmmm - I don't know how I missed this post. Oh, wait. I was at the beach with poor internet service. Or did I comment and you deleted me? Say it isn't so, Shay, because I do remember those shots you didn't want to talk about. I'll keep checking back.

    ReplyDelete